Logistics - First Line Manager
Permanent Full Time
Clarity Recruitment has been retained in the search for a First Line Manager to successfully manage all aspects of warehouse operations.
The FLM will be responsible for the day to day management of the shift and support the Operations Manager in the achievement of all daily KPI’s delivering an outstanding service.
- To plan, coordinate and supervise the work activities of a team through effective communication, leadership, motivation, training and development.
- Ensure all agreed SLA’s are achieved and maintained
- Set up warehouse for day shift
- Ensure company policies are communicated and enforced.
- Plan and manage your staff resources to optimise the utilisation of labour and equipment
- Delegate, empower and motivate your team to achieve KPI’s
- Ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner within health and safety parameters
- Complete all direct appraisals, reviews and probations on time and to the required standard
- Manage the team’s hours, sickness, holidays and absence
- Embrace the company views ensuring they are adhered to by staff members
- Carry out any reasonable request made by senior management
- Internal departments – Transport, Warehouse, Shift Managers and Senior Management
- External – Third party transport – Despatch, returns and processing inter-branch transfers
- Cross functional – e.g People, Supply Chain, Finance, Retail ops
- Customers / Branch network
- Experience within a leadership position in a similar environment
- Shows initiative, is results orientated and a creative problem solver
- Is able to multi-task with an ability to go above and beyond
- Strong communication, motivational and leadership skills
- Team orientated – Works with day shift and other departments
- Strong leader with demonstrable examples of cultural and process improvements
- Participate in all training related functions as required by the company.
- Participate and take an active role in all staff meetings.
- Participate and take an active part in warehouse stock take.
- Proficient in the use of warehouse management systems
If you would like to learn more about this position please contact Marc Bentley on 01 582 0027 or email firstname.lastname@example.org