Clarity Recruitment Menu


Registration of Pharmacists in the UK

If you qualified as a pharmacist in an EEA country (European Economic Area) and wish to work in the UK, you will be required to provide some relevant information to the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC). In order for your application to be accepted, you will need to obtain certification of some documents and provide evidence of your English language skills.

Documents that need to be certified:

  • Diploma 
  • ID card
  • Birth certificate
  • Marriage certificate

You will also need:

  • Application form
  • Passport photo (less than 3 months)
  • Good Standing statement
  • Compliance with Directives statement
  • IELTS (score of at least 7 in each component)


Below we share with you the advice of GPhC about preparing and completing your application:

  • Read all the information carefully;
  • Use a black ball point pen and write in block capitals;
  • Ensure that the documents provided have all that is required and in the required format;
  • All documents must be in English and certified by a notary;
  • Contact the relevant authorities so that they send the relevant documents directly to the GPhC.
  • The certification of documents must be performed by a solicitor or notary;
  • Make sure to submit your completed application according to the instructions;
  • Additional documents may be required by GPhC during the process.


To know all the information about the application to GPhC visit the website.

Posted on 06 December 2018 by Andreia Castro
Share This Article